Both Sony and Microsoft have announced their next-gen consoles coming in this Holiday 2020. With so much information on what these consoles can do, it’s likely you already have an idea of what products to get from this year’s Amazon Prime Day 2020 to experience quality gaming when the consoles finally come out.
Having waited for four long months for this year’s Prime Day, you’re surely ready to make your purchase on October 13 and 14– the official date for Amazon Prime Day 2020.
We will celebrate a full 48 hours of tremendous sales and discounts exclusive to Prime members for this year’s Prime Day, like how it went during last year’s Prime Day event.
In this article, we’ll include everything you will possibly need, from knowing how to partake in this 2-day event (regardless if you’re a returning or first time Prime member) to making sure you’re buying the right console device.
Check Out the Best Console Device Deals Today on Amazon Prime Day
Here is the latest console device Prime Day deals on Amazon today (updated hourly):
- Razer Wolverine Tournament Edition Officially Licensed Xbox One Controller ($89.99
- Wireless Controller for Xbox 360, VOYEE Enhanced Controller with Upgraded Joystick for Microsoft Xbox 360/ Slim/PC ($25.99
- PS4 Controller Wireless 2020 New Skull Style Dual Shock High Performance Gaming Controller for Playstation 4 /Pro/Slim/PC with Audio Function ($44.90
- WD_Black 12TB D10 Game Drive for Xbox ($219.99
- Seagate STEA2000403 Game Drive 2TB External Hard Drive Portable HDD ($64.99
- Seagate (STGD2000100) Game Drive For PS4 Systems 2TB External Hard Drive Portable HDD ($64.99
- Mortal Kombat 11: Aftermath Kollection ($44.99
- Mortal Kombat 11 ($19.99
- Just Dance 2020 (PlayStation 4) (International Edition) ($35.94
- Assassin’s Creed: The Rebel Collection (Nintendo Switch) ($34.99
- Razer Nari Wireless 7.1 Surround Sound Gaming Headset: THX Audio – Auto-Adjust Headband & Swivel Cups ($89.99
- Xbox One PS4 Headset,Sades SA920 3.5mm Wired Over Ear Stereo Gaming Headphones with Microphone ($23.99
- Micolindun Gaming Headset for Xbox One, PS4, PC, Over Ear Gaming Headphones with Noise Cancelling ($25.99
- PS4 Stand Cooling Fan Station for Playstation 4/PS4 Slim/PS4 Pro ($27.99
- PS4 Charging Dock, ADZ PS4 Controller Charger with USB Charging Cabl ($13.99
- BEBONCOOL PS4 Controller Charger, Controller USB Charging Station Dock for DualShock 4
How to Get the Amazon Prime Day Discounts?
Amazon Prime Day is dedicated to Amazon’s Prime members. Simply speaking, if you aren’t a Prime member of Amazon, you won’t be eligible for the millions of huge discounts on October 13 and October 14.
How to become a Prime member? If this is the first time you’ve heard of such a thing, you’re lucky that Amazon is offering a 30-day Amazo Prime membership for free. All you have to do is click on the link provided below to learn more and register:
On the other hand, if you’ve previously joined Amazon Prime in the past and stopped your subscription, you’ll have to register again to be eligible for the 2-day Prime Day event. The 30-day fee you’ll be paying will almost be nonexistent if you’re going to account for the huge discounts you’ll get.
What Can You Do to Prepare and Get the Best Console Device Deals on Amazon Prime Day 2020?
It’s not as easy as checking Amazon’s Prime Day page and get the best deals. No, it’s far from that. You see, deals rotate every hour, depending on whether the product is out of stock or not, which is why we highly advise you to check regularly to ensure you’re getting the freshest updates.
We have a team that will continuously look into these deals to give you nothing but the best deals on an hourly basis for the event’s whole duration. But if you decide to look at the deals yourself on Amazon’s website, you’ll likely get confused along the way, especially if you’re not prepared ahead.
When shopping around for the best deals on Amazon, it pays to check for a few things, such as whether or not the discount is real and if the seller is legit. One way to do this quickly is by verifying if the Amazon link has a strong history over the past few years.
CamelCamelCamel.com is a reliable online source that’s free to use for anybody. This should give you information such as the product’s price history over the past few months and its availability.
What to Look For When Shopping for Console Devices on Amazon Prime Day
The supply of next-gen consoles is suspected to be limited, which makes pre-orders a sure-fire way to secure yourself with either a Sony PlayStation 5 or an Xbox Series X. But apart from that, there are other things you have to check to make sure you’re prepared for October 13 and October 14 console device sales.
Xbox One / Xbox Series X/S
Even though stocks are short, a new batch of Xbox consoles is expected to get restocked just in time for this year’s Amazon Prime Day. Just like last year, there will be discounts on Xbox One console games and possibly confirmed games for the upcoming Xbox Series X console.
Do note that Xbox One S consoles will showcase more bundles than the next-gen consoles. And because some of the accessories on Xbox One can be used on the Xbox Series X, investing in some of these should allow you to save up money.
PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5
Note that PlayStation 5 consoles are selling like hotcakes, which is why you have to be on high alert when these deals go live on October 13 since it’s expected that there will only be a limited number of pre-orders in time for Amazon Prime Day 2020.
On the other hand, if you’re planning to upgrade from your old PS3, there will be plenty of bundles and discounts on October 13 and 14. Apart from accessories, there will also be game discounts and bundles available like they usually would during the Prime Day event.
Nintendo Switch Deals
Nintendo products always get huge discounts and incredible bundles every Prime Day. In case you missed your luck on getting your hands on one of Nintendo’s Switch consoles, then this year’s Prime Day is your only opportunity to get them at huge discounts as soon as deals go live.
Since Nintendo’s Switch has been out for three years now, you can expect some huge discounts on top of being bundled with other games. Since other popular games such as Monster Hunter Rise will be released this March 2021, getting yourself a Nintendo Switch on Prime Day will be the only time to get them at a huge, discounted price.