Upgrade Your Streaming!
Most streamers nowadays use a green screen to increase the quality of their content. If you are not familiar with this, green screen backdrops enable you to modify the background of the footage and use practically any background you see fit. Do you want to be part of the Skyrim’s scenic towns while playing? Then consider it done!
If you are just an up and coming streamer, it is understandable if you are tight on budget, and a green screen might be out of your price range. Well, unfortunately, you no longer need large funds to procure one, as green screen kits and backdrops are now retailed at affordable price tags. If you are clueless on what to get, then you have come to the right place.
Here we have listed the Best Green Screens for Streaming that can improve your content!
Elgato Green Screen
Though you won’t really need to much space when streaming, but it is always good to invest in a bigger green screen. After all, you might collaborate with other creators, so it is better to invest in the future. That is why Elgato Green Screen is one of the best Chroma Key panels on that you can get for your streaming needs.
It is big, stable, and high quality and comes with a reasonable price tag. What makes this screen even better is that it is wrinkle-resistant, and it is furnished with a pneumatic X-Frame to make sure that the screen automatically locks in your pre-selected position. Elgato also made sure that this panel is perfectly optimized for camera chroma keying.
Neewer Photo Studio Photography Lighting Kit
This kit includes black, white, and green backgrounds, so aside from shooting your live streams using the green screen, you can also use this kit to produce studio portraits or high-grade product shots. Now that is what we call great value for money!
This package includes one backdrop support stands along with six backdrop support clamps. It is stable and sturdy, just install it on the background, and you can start streaming right away.
This bundle also includes one umbrella reflectors and one softbox lighting diffusers to ensure that your video and well-lighted all the time. I mean, you don’t want to be tagged as the streamer with lighting, right?
This kit is everything that you might need when streaming using a green screen. All the equipment from this bundle is made from high-grade materials and is super lightweight.
LimoStudio Green Muslin Backdrop
The LimoStudio Green Muslin Backdrop is the ideal choice for streamers who already has all the essential equipment for producing Chroma Key videos. After all, this kit only comes with the green screen itself, so you will need to provide the support stand and the lighting equipment on your own.
Although this kit comes with five ring-shaped holding clips, it may not be enough if you want it to be fully stretched.
The backdrop itself is high-quality and made from 100% Polyester. It is not that big at 6 X 9 feet, but perfect for live streaming, especially since the surface is reflective and non-glossy.
CRAPHY PhotoStudio Umbrella Lighting Kit
Even this is marketed as a photography kit, it can also be utilized to produce the Chroma Key effect in streams.
The Craphy PhotoStudio Umbrella Lighting Kit is an all-in-one package to make your streaming more high-quality, and the best part is, it won’t cost you as much.
This bundle includes two 33-inch white umbrellas, two bulb holders, and two photo studio light stand. It also comes with white, black, and green cotton backdrops for better productivity.
Each backdrop is measured 6 X 9 inches, which makes them excellent for studio photography and video streaming. It is also quite portable, as the backdrop holders are collapsible, and you can easily adjust them depending on the height of your chair or where you want it to be.
ePhoto Chromakey Green Screen
If you want to shoot your streaming content under studio conditions, then the ePhoto Chromakey Green Screen is your best bet.
This model comes with a green screen and a lighting kit to achieve that studio-quality final product. It is bundled with a sturdy stand to ensure stability and no-fuss set-up, perfect for newbies.
The package also includes three softboxes that use daylight studio light bulbs. In this way, you can effortlessly switch off the lights when taking a break from streaming.
Unfortunately, you can’t reduce the light’s brightness, so you will have to make do with the default brightness. The size of this green screen is not that big, but enough to cover you during your live streams.
Fancierstudio Green Screen Background
If you don’t need that much and just needs the basic, then the Fancierstudio Green Screen Background is the right one for you.
This kit doesn’t come with any fancy equipment, just the basics. Aside from the green screen, this kit only includes the support stand and the carrying case.
The stand is sturdy, and the height can be adjusted so you can be sure that it will cover your background adequately. It is also lightweight so you can easily bring it anywhere.
Emart Photo Studio Green Backdrop Screen
Setting up the Emart Photo Studio green screen backdrop is super easy because all you have to do is install it on the support, and you are good to go.
Unfortunately, you have to buy the backdrop support stand separately, as it is not included in the package. But considering its price tag, it is entirely understandable.
This green screen backdrop is an excellent pick for streamers on a budget.
Fancierstudio Chromakey Collapsible Backdrop
If you are looking for a simple green screen backdrop that is easily installed, then the Fancierstudio Chromakey Collapsible Backdrop is your best bet.
This green screen is relatively small at 5 X 6.5 feet, but it is perfect for your streaming needs. If you are just starting and need only the bare minimum, then this is an ideal choice.
Though this green screen does not come with a stand, it does have tabs on the side so you can hang it anywhere. Since this is a simple kit, just stuff it on it carrying case, and you can bring it with you anywhere.
Neewer Green Screen Backdrop
The Neewer Green Screen Backdrop features an easy and no mess set-up. Simply pull it up, and you are done. Thanks to its pull-up design, setting up is made easy. Just lift the handle and watch as the pneumatic X-frame automatically locks your green screen in place.
Putting it away is also easy. When you are done streaming, just simply retract the green screen into the built-in hard aluminum case, and you are good to go. It is compact and can easily fold up to a smaller size that you can easily stash under your bed or table.
The Andoer Backdrop is another simple green screen that will allow you to produce chroma key videos in your streams efficiently. This kit is simple, just the screen, no stand whatsoever. So you need to make sure that you have a stand ready or you are willing to invest in one.
Good thing that the screen is high-quality, so it is still a good buy. The fabric is non-woven, while the edges are crimped to ensure that it won’t be easy to tear down. It is also machine washable, so maintaining this screen is super easy.
How to Live Stream with a Green Screen (OBS Tutorial)
What Are the Advantages of A Green Screen For Streamers?
It’s always amusing to observe the inventive and exciting ways that some streamers have incorporated a green screen into their contents. But there are also practical and efficient uses for a green screen.
- Green screen technology highlights you, the content creator. Because if you don’t use a green screen aside from you, they can be distracted by your background. So, a green screen can effectively remove your background from the footage.
- This is also an excellent streaming gear if you want to set a theme for your stream. It does not just add personalization but professionalism as well.
- When you stream for long periods, it is sometimes hard to squeeze in cleaning your room. Okay, we are not promoting bad habits, but a stray shirt here and there is unavoidable, especially on a bust schedule. And that is not such a pleasant sight during streaming.
How to Start Streaming Using Green Screen and Chroma Key
The use of chroma keying has gained popularity during the past few years. With the rise of individual video creators and live streamers, this technology is steadily becoming mainstream. But what is Chroma keying? It means removing the background of a video scene, which in turn is composited over another footage or image. If it sounds like rocket science, fear not as it is simpler than you think. After all, most live streaming software packages incorporate chroma keying as the main feature. In this guide, we’ll help you achieve this effect using the most common software used by streamers, the OBS, or Open Broadcaster Software.
What You Will Need:
- A green screen
- Your camera for streaming
- Good lighting
- OBS or Open Broadcaster Software (it is free!)
- Make sure that your green screen is sturdy on your background, and the camera is positioned well with you, the subject in the center.
- It is best to allow some extra green screen around you so you won’t clip outside of the chroma keyed area.
- Make sure that you have good light. Good light is necessary for chroma keying.
- There should be the right amount of distance between you and the green screen. Remember, the closer you are to the screen, the bigger the shadow.
Setting Up OBS
Now that you have finished setting up the green screen and lighting fixtures, the next step will be chroma keying. It is easy, so just carefully follow these steps.
- Open up OBS and make sure to add your video source (your camera).
- Then right-click on the video source and select ‘Filter.’
- Now, click the ‘+,’ you can find it under the ‘Effects Filters’ section. Then select the ‘Chroma Key.’
- The next step is to enter a name for the effect layer.
Remember that OBS will automatically generate some baseline settings that when adding a chroma key. Most of the time, you’ll have to tweak these settings as you see fit. So it is better to experiment with the sliders so you will figure out the best for you.
Things to Remember
- Know that live chroma keying is CPU intensive, make sure that your RIG is powerful enough to run its load.
- When streaming with a green screen, don’t wear anything that is colored green or anything with reflective material on. Blonde hair is also known to cause some issues since its shade is highly reflective.
- When using OBS, you can use chroma key to almost anything, like images and videos.
Wrap-Up: 10 Best Green Screens for Streaming Recap
- Elgato Green Screen
- Green Screen Studio Photography Lighting Kit by Neewer Photo
- LimoStudio 6 x 9 ft. Green Screen Muslin Backdrop with Ring Metal Holding Clips
- CRAPHY Photo Studio (9x6FT White Black Green) Screen Background Stand Kit
- ePhoto 10 x 20 Muslin Chromakey Green Screen Background Support Stand Kit
- Fancierstudio Green Screen Background Stand Backdrop Support System Kit
- Emart Photo Studio 10 x 12ft Green Backdrop Screen
- Fancierstudio Chromakey Green and Blue Collapsible Backdrop
- Neewer Green Screen Backdrop
- Andoer 1.6 x 3M / 5 x 10FT Photography Studio Non-Woven Green Backdrop
Using a green screen and chroma keying is fun. After all, it will not just add tons of value to your content, but it will also make your video interesting to watch. By following this guide, you will be on your way to upgrading your live streams! How about you are you excited about using a green screen? Did we miss your favorite kit? Comment them down below!