This year’s Amazon Prime Day has been delayed for many months now. Many even assumed that the event was canceled altogether, until Amazon’s announcement on September 27.
With that clarified now, what can you do? Is it too late to make preparations? In this article, we cover all the things you need to know to make sure you’re ready when deals pop up in the coming days.
Note: We’re going to update this article throughout the event, so bookmark this page to make sure you’re up-to-speed on the best tech deals.
What Is Amazon Prime Day?
Amazon Prime Day is an annual savings extravaganza exclusive for members of the Prime service. This two-day event offers members discounted prices on millions of products across various categories.
When Is Amazon Prime Day?
Amazon has officially confirmed that this year’s Prime Day will take place on October 13 and 14. To be more precise, the deals will start dropping at midnight PST.
Amazon Prime Day is usually scheduled months ahead of Black Friday and Cyber Monday. However, because of the delay, all three events will transpire in close proximity, so expect more deals as we approach the holiday season!
With that in mind, you should reserve funds for your priority tech deals come Black Friday and Cyber Monday, possibly even shave a few bucks off the PlayStation 5 and the Xbox Series X.
Today’s Amazon Prime Day Deals (Updated Hourly):
- LG 24-Inch 24M47VQ 1080p 60Hz Monitor ($100
- BenQ Zowie XL2411P 24 Inch 144Hz 1080p FreeSync Gaming Monitor ($199
- Acer Nitro 27-Inch 1440p 144Hz FreeSync Gaming Monitor ($300
- LG 27UL500-W 27-Inch UHD (3840 x 2160) IPS Monitor with Radeon Freesync Technology and HDR10 ($299.99
- LG 24MP88HV-S 24-Inch IPS Monitor with Infinity Display 2.5mm Bezel ($149.99
- ALIENWARE AW3420DW NEW Curved 34 Inch WQHD ($849.15
- Acer Nitro XV272U Pbmiiprzx 27″ WQHD (2560 x 1440) IPS G-SYNC Compatible Monitor ($299.99
- Samsung 24″ Curved Gaming Monitor ($239
- Samsung 27″ Curved Gaming Monitor ($360
- Acer CB272 bmiprx 27″ Full HD (1920 x 1080) IPS Zero Frame Home Office Monitor with AMD Radeon FreeSync ($129.99
- SAMSUNG 32-Inch G5 Odyssey Gaming Monitor with 1000R Curved Screen, 144Hz, 1ms, FreeSync Premium ($295.99
- Portable Monitor – Lepow 15.6 Inch Full HD 1080P USB Type-C Computer Display IPS Eye Care Screen with HDMI ($188.98
- Portable Monitor – 2020 Lepow Z1-Gamut 15.6” FHD Laptop Display ($200.99
- Acer EB321HQU Cbidpx 31.5″ WQHD (2560 x 1440) IPS Monitor ($199.99
- Acer Nitro VG240Y Pbiip 23.8 Inches Full HD (1920 x 1080) IPS Gaming Monitor with AMD Radeon FREESYNC Technology ($151.99
- LG 27UK850-W 27″ 4K UHD IPS Monitor with HDR10 with USB Type-C Connectivity and FreeSync, White ($379.99
- AOPEN 27HC5R Pbiipx 27″ 1500R Curved Full HD (1920 x 1080) VA Gaming Monitor with AMD Radeon FREESYNC Premium Technology ($169.99
- Acer Nitro VG271U Pbmiipx 27″ WQHD (2560 x 1440) IPS AMD Radeon FREESYNC Gaming Monitor ($254.99
- LG 32UL750-W 32 Inch 4K UHD LED Monitor with Vesa Display HDR 600 ($479.99
- Acer Nitro XFA240Q Sbiipr 23.6” FHD (1920 x 1080) Gaming Monitor with AMD Radeon FreeSync Technology ($161.99
- BenQ EX2780Q 27 Inch 1440P 144Hz IPS Gaming Monitor | FreeSync ($399.99 $599.99)
- Acer R240HY bidx 23.8-Inch IPS HDMI DVI VGA (1920 x 1080) Widescreen Monitor, Black ($399.99 $129.99)
Gaming Peripheral Deals
- CyberpowerPC Gamer Supreme Liquid Cooled Gaming PC ($1,189.99
- Lenovo IdeaCentre 3 Desktop, Tower, AMD Athlon Silver 3050U Processor ($269.99
- Crucial Ballistix 3200 MHz DDR4 DRAM Desktop Gaming Memory Kit 16GB (8GBx2) CL16 BL2K8G32C16U4B (Black) ($44.49
- HyperX Fury 32GB 3466MHz DDR4 CL16 DIMM (Kit of 2) Black XMP Desktop Memory ($165.91
- Crucial 16GB Single DDR4 2400 MT/s (PC4-19200) DR x8 SODIMM 260-Pin Memory ($46.36
- Crucial 32GB Kit (16GBx2) DDR4 2400 MT/s (PC4-19200) DR x8 SODIMM 260-Pin for Mac ($134.99
- Crucial 8GB DDR4 2666 MT/s (PC4-21300) UDIMM 288-Pin Memory ($23.19
- Seagate BarraCuda 4TB Internal Hard Drive HDD – 3.5 Inch Sata 6 Gb/s 5400 RPM 256MB Cache For Computer Desktop PC ($79.99
- LaCie LAC9000298 Rugged Mini 2TB External Hard Drive Portable HDD – USB 3.0 USB 2.0 Compatible ($62.49
- Seagate (STEB6000403) Expansion Desktop 6TB External Hard Drive HDD – USB 3.0 For PC Laptop ($94.99
- Crucial MX500 1TB 3D NAND SATA 2.5 Inch Internal SSD ($91.99
- SanDisk SSD PLUS 1TB Internal SSD – SATA III ($87.99
- SAMSUNG T5 Portable SSD 2TB – Up to 540MB/s – USB 3.1 External Solid State Drive, Black ($236.24
- SanDisk 2TB Extreme Portable External SSD – Up to 550MB/s – USB-C, USB 3.1 ($235.99
- Western Digital 2TB WD Blue 3D NAND Internal PC SSD ($175.99
- SAMSUNG 860 PRO SSD 256GB – 2.5 Inch SATA III Internal Solid State Drive with MLC V-NAND Technology ($74.99
- Crucial P5 1TB 3D NAND NVMe Internal SSD ($119.99
- WD_Black SN750 1TB NVMe Internal Gaming SSD with Heatsink – Gen3 PCIe, M.2 2280, 3D NAND ($148.99
- HyperX Alloy Origins RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard ($181.16
- Corsair K83 Wireless Keyboard ($134.25
- Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 Low Profile Mechanical Gaming Keyboard ($181.13
- Corsair SK65 LUX RGB Compact Mechanical Gaming Keyboard ($134.25
- Razer Huntsman Tournament Edition TKL Tenkeyless Gaming Keyboard ($89.99
- HyperX Pulsefire FPS Pro RGB Gaming Mouse ($60.29
- Corsair M65 Elite gaming mouse ($74.25
- Corsair Glaive PRO RGB gaming mouse ($78.74
- Logitech G502 SE Hero High Performance RGB Gaming Mouse ($49.71
- Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed Wireless Gaming Mouse: Bluetooth & Wireless Compatible ($39.99
- Razer DeathAdder v2 Gaming Mouse: 20K DPI Optical Sensor – Chroma RGB Lighting ($55.99
- Razer Basilisk v2 Wired Gaming Mouse: 20K DPI Optical Sensor ($63.99
- Razer Naga Trinity Gaming Mouse: 16,000 DPI Optical Sensor ($59.99
- Razer Mamba Wireless Gaming Mouse: 16,000 DPI Optical Sensor ($59.99
- Razer Viper Ultimate Lightest Wireless Gaming Mouse ($99.99
- Razer Basilisk Ultimate HyperSpeed Wireless Gaming Mouse ($99.99
- Corsair MM200 Medium Cloth Surface Mousepad ($14.25
- Corsair RGB Polaris Gaming Mousepad ($62.14 D)
- Corsair Carbide 678C PC case (Black) ($220.38
- Corsair Carbide 678C PC case (White) ($211.65
- Corsair Icue 465X RGB Mid-Tower ATX Smart Case, Black ($139.99
- Razer Blade 15 Advanced Gaming Laptop 2020: Intel Core i7-10875H 8-Core, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER Max-Q ($2,099.99
- MSI Modern 14 A10RAS-884 14″ Ultra Thin and Light Professional Laptop ($715.82
- MSI GE66 Raider 10SGS-288 15.6″ 300Hz 3ms Gaming Laptop ($2,649.00
- MSI GS75 Stealth 10SF-609 17.3″ 240Hz Ultra Thin and Light Gaming Laptop ($1,999.00
- MSI Modern 14 A10RAS-884 14″ Ultra Thin and Light Professional Laptop ( $715.82
- Apple MacBook Air (13-inch, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD Storage) – Space Gray (Latest Model) ($1,199.00
- Apple MacBook Air (13-inch, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD Storage) – Space Gray (Latest Model) ($899.99
- Razer Wolverine Tournament Edition Officially Licensed Xbox One Controller ($89.99
- Wireless Controller for Xbox 360, VOYEE Enhanced Controller with Upgraded Joystick for Microsoft Xbox 360/ Slim/PC ($25.99
- PS4 Controller Wireless 2020 New Skull Style Dual Shock High Performance Gaming Controller for Playstation 4 /Pro/Slim/PC with Audio Function ($44.90
- WD_Black 12TB D10 Game Drive for Xbox ($219.99
- Seagate STEA2000403 Game Drive 2TB External Hard Drive Portable HDD ($64.99
- Seagate (STGD2000100) Game Drive For PS4 Systems 2TB External Hard Drive Portable HDD ($64.99
- Mortal Kombat 11: Aftermath Kollection ($44.99
- Mortal Kombat 11 ($19.99
- Just Dance 2020 (PlayStation 4) (International Edition) ($35.94
- Assassin’s Creed: The Rebel Collection (Nintendo Switch) ($34.99
- Razer Nari Wireless 7.1 Surround Sound Gaming Headset: THX Audio – Auto-Adjust Headband & Swivel Cups ($89.99
- Xbox One PS4 Headset,Sades SA920 3.5mm Wired Over Ear Stereo Gaming Headphones with Microphone ($23.99
- Micolindun Gaming Headset for Xbox One, PS4, PC, Over Ear Gaming Headphones with Noise Cancelling ($25.99
- PS4 Stand Cooling Fan Station for Playstation 4/PS4 Slim/PS4 Pro ($27.99
- PS4 Charging Dock, ADZ PS4 Controller Charger with USB Charging Cabl ($13.99
- BEBONCOOL PS4 Controller Charger, Controller USB Charging Station Dock for DualShock 4
- TracFone Carrier-Locked LG Stylo 4 4G LTE Prepaid Smartphone ($79.99
- Samsung Galaxy A21 Factory Unlocked Android Cell Phone ($199.99
- Samsung Galaxy S10 Lite New Unlocked Android Cell Phone ($474.9
- Samsung Galaxy S20+ 5G Factory Unlocked New Android Cell Phone US Version ($899.99
- Google Pixel 4 – Clearly White 128GB – Unlocked ($549.00
- Google Pixel 4 XL – Just Black – 128GB – Unlocked ($956.85
- Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G Factory Unlocked New Android Cell Phone US Version 128GB of Storage ($1,049.99
- Samsung Galaxy S20 5G Factory Unlocked New Android Cell Phone US Version, 128GB of Storage ($749.99
- Samsung Electronics Galaxy Note 20 5G Factory Unlocked Android Cell Phone, US Version, 128GB of Storage ($749.99
- Samsung Galaxy S10+ Factory Unlocked Android Cell Phone | US Version | 128GB of Storage ($674.99
- Samsung Galaxy S10 Factory Unlocked Android Cell Phone | US Version | 128GB of Storage ($574.99
- Samsung Galaxy S10 Lite New Unlocked Android Cell Phone, 128GB of Storage ($474.99
- Samsung Galaxy A71 5G Unlocked , 6.7″ AMOLED Screen,128GB of Storage ($419.99
- Samsung Galaxy A21 Factory Unlocked Android Cell Phone, US Version Smartphone, 32GB Storage ($199.99
- Motorola Razr 5G | Unlocked | Made for US by Motorola ($1,199.99
Is Amazon Prime Day Affected by the Global Pandemic in Any Way?
Apparently, everything is affected by the global pandemic as it is the very reason Amazon Prime Day 2020 was delayed.
Like the rest of the business world, Amazon has been experiencing supply chain issues. Chief Executive Jeff Bezos had approved the event’s delay on top of removing the daily deals on their page to help alleviate the problems caused by the pandemic.
Anything New With This Year’s Amazon Prime Day?
Amazon Prime Day 2020 will take place later than usual due to safety concerns arising from the global pandemic (the annual event is typically held in July).
In 2017, Prime Day lasted only 30 hours, whereas, in 2018, it lasted for 36 hours. In 2019, it held out the longest— 48 hours of the best deals all-year-round.
This year, Amazon will mimic last year’s Prime Day and will last for a full 48 hours. Apart from that, it’s pretty much the same, with deals constantly being updated throughout the event’s duration.
For this reason, we’re dedicated to ensuring you won’t miss the best deals. We have people already on the lookout for bargains. Read on to find out about these deals.
What About Other Online Retailers?
Rival retailers like Best Buy, Target, and Walmart are expected to offer equally-compelling deals to compete with Amazon on Prime Day. That means even if you are not a Prime member, you can still cash in on discounted products during the shopping holiday.
What About Overseas? Can Other Countries Take Part in Amazon Prime Day 2020?
Amazon Prime Day 2020 will be held in the United States, the United Kingdom, Spain, Mexico, UAE, Singapore, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Italy, Germany, France, Japan, China, Australia, and Austria. Turkey and Brazil will also be participating in the event for the first time.
What Are the Best Tech Deals I Should Look Out For?
We’ll be adding a wide variety of tech deals as soon as they’re available, but deals on Amazon gadgets, like Kindle eReaders, Echo smart speakers, Fire tablets, and Fire TV sticks are almost a given. Alexa-enabled devices will also get huge discounts.
Early Amazon Prime Day Deals You Can Get Now
Early deals usually pop up two weeks ahead of Prime Day, and since the shopping holiday is only a week away, Amazon has already started offering daily deals leading up to October 13.
If you’re an Amazon Prime member, you can already avail of the following:
Amazon Prime Tech Deals:
- Insignia 50-inch 4K Fire TV
- Toshiba 43-inch Fire TV
- Beats Solo Pro Headphones
- Amazon Gift Card + 25% off New Echo Device
- Two Echo Dot Devices via coupon code “DOTPRIME2PK”
Music and Movie Products:
What Can You Do While Waiting for Deals?
Even though we’re still days away from October 13, you can already find some of the best daily deals leading up to the big day via this link. We advise you to bookmark this page for easy access.
Things You Should Do To Prepare for Amazon Prime Day
Before you jump for joy after seeing a massive discount on an item, make sure it’s legit, meaning it actually reflects a discounted price.
How do you do this?
- Always check CamelCamelCamel, a website that lets you price check millions of items sold on Amazon. With this tool, you can check an item’s average price for the past few months to see if you’re actually getting a discounted price.
- Check other websites, and don’t limit yourself to Amazon. With other large retailers ready to take on the challenge, you’ll likely find huge discounts on other websites like Best Buy, Target, and Walmart.
Would I Get Bigger Discounts if I Wait Until Black Friday?
This question wouldn’t be relevant if Amazon Prime Day 2020 pushed through back in July. Since this year’s Prime Day is set really close to Black Friday and Cyber Monday, there has to be a strategy you can take to save the most money.
It’s unlikely we’ll see the same kind of deals for both events as running the same sale for three straight months could adversely affect Amazon. That also means you might regret waiting to get better deals on Black Friday instead of cashing in on Prime Day.
What Were the Best Deals Last Year?
The following were the best deals last year, and it’s likely we’ll see similar items on sale this year— or even upgraded models or versions.
- Acer 28-inch 4K monitor (model KG281K) is $249.99 ($46 off)
- LG 27-inch 1080p monitor (model 27GL650F-B) is $249 ($100.99 off)
- Samsung 32-inch 4K “The Space” monitor is $379.99 ($120 off)
- Samsung 32-Inch Curved Gaming Monitor for $299 ($101 off)
- Logitech G602 Wireless Gaming Mouse for $25 ($55 off)
- Razer DeathAdder Elite Gaming Mouse for $35 ($35 off)
- Razer Lancehead Ambidextrous Gaming Mouse for $35 ($45 off)
- HyperX Mechanical Gaming Keyboard for $80 ($30 off)
- Razer Huntsman Gaming Keyboard for $100 ($50 off)
- Corsair K68 Gaming Keyboard for $70 ($30 off)
- Logitech G602 mouse is $24.99 ($55 off)
- Logitech G502 Proteus mouse is $34.99 ($50 off)
- Razer Lancehead ambidextrous mouse is $34.99 ($45 off)
- Razer DeathAdder Elite mouse is $34.99 ($35 off)
- Logitech MX Master Wireless Mouse for $88 ($12 off)
- HyperX Cloud Stinger Gaming Headset for $40 ($10 off)
- HyperX Cloud Flight Wireless Headset for $90 ($50 off)
- SteelSeries Arctis Pro + GameDAC for $200 ($50 off)
- SteelSeries Arctis 7 (2019 Edition) for $100 ($50 off)
Laptops and Chromebooks:
- Lenovo Chromebook S330 for $145 ($145 off)
- Samsung Chromebook 3 for $244 ($36 off)
- Samsung Chromebook Plus V2 2-in-1 for $470 ($129 off)
- MSI GV62 15-inch Gaming Laptop with GeForce GTX 1050Ti GPU for $650 ($150 off)
Headphones and Speakers:
- Jabra Elite 65T Wire-free Earbuds for $114 ($56 off)
- Bose SoundLink Wireless Headphones 2 for $159 ($70 off)
- Bose SoundSport Free Earbuds for $139 ($60 off)
- Sony Bluetooth Noise Canceling Headphones for $90 ($110 off)
- Logitech MX 2.0 Bluetooth PC Speakers for $80 ($20 off)
Smartphones and Smartwatches:
- Samsung Galaxy S10+ Unlocked for $950 ($300 off)
- Samsung Galaxy S10E for $550 ($200 off)
- Google Pixel 3A XL for $479 ($100 Amazon Gift Card)
- Google Pixel 3 XL for $639 ($261 off)
- Motorola Moto G7 for $200 ($100 off)
- Nokia 7.1 Android One phone for $249 ($100 off)
- Apple iPad Pro 10.5-Inch—Wi-Fi, LTE, 64 GB—for $579 ($200 off)
- Garmin Forerunner 35 GPS Watch for $90 ($80 off)
- Apple iPad Wi-Fi, LTE, 128 GB for $430 ($130 off)
- Fossil Women’s Sport Smartwatch for $199 ($76 off)
- RavPower Portable Charger for $28 ($6 off)
- AmazonBasics Nintendo Switch Case for $10 ($3 off)
- Elgato Video Capture device for digitizing home movies is $59.95 ($20.04 off)
- LaCie Rugged 2 TB External Hard Drive with Secure USB-C for $110 ($30 off)
This article will be updated round the clock throughout October 13 and 14. To ensure you’re getting the most timely updates, we recommend you bookmark our page to see the latest deals.